Launched in September 2015, Junior Napier is a Saturday morning music school in the heart of Edinburgh. Held in the modern purpose-built facilities of Edinburgh Napier University’s music department, the school strives to provide the highest quality of music education to enthusiastic and talented students. Lessons are delivered by a mix of professional performers, lecturers, and senior students, and will deliver a rounded musical education to prepare the students for a future of music making.
Students will receive three or four 45 minute lessons during their weekly visit to the school:
- a lesson on their principal instrument/ voice/composition
- a group ensemble/improvisation lesson
- a class on general music skills.
- an optional Music Technology class is offered to all students
Instruments taught 2017-18:
- Classical Guitar
- Guitar Fusion (new for 2017-18)
- Voice (popular and classical)
- Electric Guitar
- Electric Bass
- Drum Kit
Please see our 2017-18 brochure for fees and further details.
For application forms, or further information, please contact Dr Rachael Durkin
Please click here to see a copy of our Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Policy.